Sunday 15 January 2012

Education

Instrução


-Soube dos sucessos universitários da sua filhota... os meus parabéns!
- Oh, é de família

-I've heard about your daughter's success on college... congratulations!
-Oh, it runs in the family


-...eu, se não fosse o casamento não tinha parado depois da licenciatura...

-...see myself, I only stopped after my graduation because of my mariage...


-... mas a minha irmã, que se manteve solteira, pôde seguir os estudos...e continua!

-... but my sister, she remained single, so she could go on studying, and she still goes!


- Sois um bom exemplo para as jovens!

-You're a good exemple for the youngsters!


- Isto não te dá mais vontade de trabalhar?

- Isn't it a push for you to work more?


- Não olhaste para elas? Eu cá prefiro ser como tu: pouco instruída mas bonita!...

- Didn't you see them? I would rather be like you: uneducated but pretty!...

No comments:

Post a Comment